Friday, April 4, 2008

Easter at Manbulloo




Easter was spent at Manbulloo (Arthur's parents property just outside of Katherine) and we all had a really lovely time. There is so much to do there that we barely see the children (this distresses me greatly). Arthur's sister Brownyn and her three children also live there so between us there is 9 kids. The kids can go out on the boat, fishing, kayaking, ride on the motor bikes, quad and are even allowed to drive the toyota (OK only the big girls are allowed to use this one). Stephanie and Brian love having them there - I actually don't know how they put up with all the noise! We took the camera down for the visit and as usual brought it right back without using it - it loves these little outings!

We have found a couple of cane toads in out yard which is very disappointing. We also went on a cane toad hunt with lots of other Anula residents - we collected 110 all up. It's all very humane - the "Frog Man" uses carbon monoxide to poison them then sticks them in the freezer. I hate them and think a good one is a dead one but I really can't understand the mentality of people who think it's perfectly OK to use golf clubs, salt etc!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Leigh breath, I am surprised with your relationship to the toads. Ive never been able to kill them, even though I was confronted with them the first time I saw them. It made me realize how the Indigenous People of this country must of felt when we started invading their space. Your grils are very very cute...sounds like its all peace love and harmony on Manbullooo...