Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I just wanted to write a few things before the year was finished.

I didn't write about our trip to Melbourne. Seeing John Cougar Mellencamp in concert was just bloody amazing - he was fantastic and I will always remember standing with Arthur and 14,000 other people holding out our mobile phone - he said "get your phones out and call a loved one (clearly Telstra were sponsoring him)- so we called Georgie - and belting out "Jack and Dianne" - It was just SOOOO COOL!!! I really REALLY love his music and getting the opportunity to go was simply amazing.

And of course the only other thing that was better then that was spending all that time with my husband. I can't remember the last time we spent so much time together without kids. It was just so different and very very enjoyable. Melbourne city has so much to see, we stumbled across some really great stuff while cruising the streets, we also went to the "Rock Pool" restaurant - (Neil Perry) - lovely.

This trip also coincided with our 20year anniversary (funny how the universe worked all this together isn't it?). So that made it extra special. I often look back on our journey so far and think about the amazing stuff we have been through together (good and bad) and I think about how lucky I am - lots of people go an entire life time and don't have what I have!!!

That's it, thanks for reading my blog this year, I really love that you do, your comments tickle me and encourage me to write more........................

No comments: