Thursday, May 3, 2018

One more chance

I had a dream last night. It's similar to a book I read years ago by Mitch Albom: For one more day.

I was sitting around a table with a group of people - in the group was dad's twin brother Gordon and Nanna Ward (dad's mum) both of whom died a long time ago.

In the dream I was very surprised they were there because I knew that they had passed away. I was telling people this and they kept saying they couldn't be because they were "right" there! I started taking photos with my phone showing the others they weren't in the picture (and they weren't).

Gordon died at the table, it was very vivid. It was then that I realised that I was so busy wasting my time with trivial stuff that I  had lost my chance to actually talk to Gordon. For some reason I was given an opportunity, one last time to talk to these two people and I'd blew it with Gordon.

I started dancing with Nanna and I told her I loved her. I felt warmth and so much love. After a while she walked away out of my sight. It was so beautiful.

I don't have any unfinished business with either of them. I was about 9 when Nanna died, kids don't talk about love at that age, we just love. Gordon died when I was about 16.

I wrote this down the very next day but it actually happened a while ago. It was an incredibly powerful dream and the message is clear! Thinking about it still brings me to tears.

1 comment:

Kim Hunter said...

Powerful. I didn't know your dad had a twin!